Who can play?
• Professionals and amateurs aged 48 or over.
Must I join as a member?
• No. You can choose to enter as a non-member
Should I join as a member?
• The advantages of member are explained in MEMBERSHIP
How do I enter an event?
• Click on ENTER EVENTS. The first time you use the system, you must REGISTER AS NEW USER and set up an account. After entering you will receive an email confirmation. Thereafter you can check your entry status for any tournament by logging onto your account.
How much does it cost?
• Tournament entry fees are typically around €300/£225. You can find the exact amount for a specific event by looking at its information page. Non-members pay an additional entry charge for each event. Non-member entry charges increase depending on how late the entry is made.
• In general the entry fees for amateurs are similar to those for the professionals.
How to I pay?
• Membership fees and non-member entry charges are paid through the website using the secure payment system Stripe.
• In almost all cases the tournament entry fees are payable in cash upon registration at the tournament venue.
Why should an amateur wish to play on the SGC?
• The SGC is now almost unique in offering “open” golf whereby amateurs and pros compete together. The mix of tour pros, club pros and amateurs makes for a very special atmosphere and camaraderie.
What are the handicap limits?
• These vary depending on the event. Specific details can be found on the tournament information pages. For a typical strokeplay event the limit might be around 12.
Who will I get drawn with?
• In general, the first round draw mixes everyone up. Following rounds are usually done by score.
What can I win?
• The professional prize fund is composed of a minimum of 80% of the entry fees. Depending on the event, this may be increased by sponsorship.
• At least 40% of the field will receive prizes.
• There are usually additional prizes for pros over 60
• Prizes are given at the prize giving shortly after the close of play
• There are usually separate prizes for amateurs
Do I have to make my own travel and accommodation arrangements?
• You will have to make organise your own travel perhaps together with friends. Some location details and maps are on the tournament information pages. For more local information please contact the tournament organiser using the coordinates given on the tournament information page. Upon request, it may be possible to ask the tournament organiser to introduce you to a fellow competitor arriving at a similar time at the same airport.
• In the tournament information you may find details of local accommodation. For some tournaments there is official accommodation which competitors must use.
When and how will I find out my tee time?
• Tee times should be published on the SGC website on the evening before. If you have any doubt please contact the tournament organiser through the contact details given on the tournament information page.
I have forgotten my password, what can I do?
• You should request a new password from the login page. If you do not receive an email with a reset link within a few minutes, then check your spam folder. If you still have problems then please CONTACT US.
May I spectate?
• Yes you are very welcome to attend free of charge. The players will be delighted to have you there.
Is it necessary to qualify to play events?
• The SGC promotes “Open” golf. There are no pre-qualifying events. Provided you meet the age and handicap requirements, then we would love to have you. Events can book out, in which case it is first come.
Can I/we hold an event on The Senior Golf Circuit?
• The events are all independently owned and run. If you, your association, club or company wish to know more about holding a SGC event then please CONTACT US.
How can I get more information?
• If you need general information about the Senior Golf Circuit then please read GETTING STARTED and the FAQs. If you still require information then CONTACT US.
• If you need more information on a specific event then look at the SCHEDULE and click on the event in question. After that, if you have any questions about that event then please contact the tournament organiser using in the contact details on the tournament information page.